Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CTMH Convention Day 3...

Old Town Alexandria via water taxi across the Potomac River...

We started with a walk down the National Harbor Pier right outside the Gaylord....
------------------------
This is the boat we almost got on but luckily overheard someone asking if this was the water taxi to Old Town Alexandria...it wasn't...lol
------------------------------
This is our boat....lol
---------------------
Our Captain (I hope he's not in the witness protection program....he didn't look too happy about me taking his picture)
----------------------
The Gaylord from the pier...
----------------------------
The bridge coming over to National Harbor....

-------------------------
Old Town Alexandria....

--------------------------
Cobble Streets (pardon the modern cards...imagine them as horses...lol)
----------------------
The sites.....



Christ Church....George Washington help build this Church


I just love old Churches because they have the cemeteries right there in the yard....




---------------------
We worked up a sweat and ate at Ben & Jerry's - they had a bubble machine blowing bubbles out the window...


---------------------
I just had to leave a little note on their chalkboard tables....
--------------------------
A lot of the stores were closed in Old Town due to the HEAT and the electricity being out...I guess everyone was using their air-conditioners and they tripped a wire or something...lol

---------------------------
Today's Extravaganza Share....


This is my paper wheel I discussed in my class.  For those that weren't there, I take all the current paper packets and have them on a ring...instead of sorting them by paper packet, I sort them by COLOR (most of the time it's the back side of our wonderful B&T Duos)!!!  This way it's easy for me to find B&T that matches the colors I'm working with and for the most part I can remember which paper packet they come from so I go hunt it down.
-------------------------------
On occasion there are papers that I enjoy both of their sides so they're in there twice....once for each color...as in this striped B&T from Cherry-O...it's in there under Tulip....

and Crystal Blue...
---------------------------
Also, there are instances where I prefer the "correct" side of the B&T vs. the back side...as in Magic Moments...I already have TONS of Sunflower B&T so I chose to use the Indian Corn Blue "correct" side and it's in with my blues....

here's the Sunflower back side....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....