Friday, July 16, 2010

CTMH Convention Day 2...

On Tuesday, we toured the National Mall and it's surroundings.  We toured the Capitol and walked for MILES!!!  It was a LONG day and I have LOTS of pictures to prove it (bad thing is that these don't even touch what I took...lol)

-------------------------------
Inside the Capitol
----------------------------
The Declaration of Independence which was particularly touching because we had just celebrated the 4th of July
---------------------------------
Our walk through the tunnel to the Library of Congress...
-------------------------------
I just had to take a picture of this picture because of the COLORS!!!  Color was my class topic that I taught at Extravaganza and these colors were AWESOME (to me)!!!
----------------------------------
It was nice to see the two Bibles that are PROUDLY displayed in the Library of Congress...reminds me that this Country is built on Christian views and it is truly IN GOD WE TRUST!!!!  Photo taking of the Bibles was prohibited due to their light sensitivity but I took a picture of the sign instead...
-------------------------------
The entry way into Thomas Jefferson's Library....
-----------------------------
A picture of the Capitol through a glass ceiling.....
------------------------
Me being silly outside the Smithsonian (this was is for my dear DD)....
--------------------------------
What's a girl to do without CUPCAKES!!!  I had to do without these though as I REFUSE to pay $4.50 on a cupcake!!!
--------------------------
This man is TALENTED!!! He juggled balls and a tennis racket!
-----------------------------
This is the Washington Monument that I tweaked the color a little....again my dear DD asked me about the "stick" and if I took pictures (actually I took about 15...hehehehe)....
------------------------
A panoramic view of the White House from afar....
------------------------
This is a picture I took of Pam taking a picture of her dad's good friend who gave his life in Vietnam.
----------------------------
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this saying!!!
---------------------------------------
Now...my little sneak peek of Extravaganza....

This was a favorite amongst all the girls that attended...
My class, as you know, was titled From Color Know-How to Color WOW!!!!

I taught all about color in media, finding color anywhere, adapting those colors to CTMH Exclusive colors and mix and matching our WONDERFUL B&T Duos.

This particular sock collection was all about finding colors in clothing and adapting those colors to our exclusive colors.

Here are some closeups:


7 comments:

  1. Love all your capital pics, we didn't have time for that one. But maybe on the next trip-when it's not so hot!!
    You are right about the socks-my favorite of all the classes!! I can't wait to start buying socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love how you used the socks not only as a color inspiration, but also as an inspiration for the stamping/design of each card. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your DC photos are wonderful! I absolutely LOVE the sock inspiration (and the cards you made). Where did you find those darling socks? Wish I could have been at your class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped over from Aaron B's blog and absolutely think your idea to get inspired by socks is fantastic. Your cards look fabulous. It also sure looks like you had fun at Convention. I used to be a CTMH consultant and well remember the excitement of convention (even though I never attended). Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely stunning!!! what a super idea... cant wait to get my hands going...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Aaron Booth's blog....How cool are all your class projects?! Very inspirational! Wish I could've gone to Convention to take part. Looks like you had lots of fun!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I taught at extravaganza too, so I missed out on your great ideas. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a fun idea to share with my customers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....