Sunday, October 12, 2014

ColorCrush HELLO...

CTMH has started back with their #ColorCrush challenges on Instagram....and this one is a GORGEOUS color combo! Outdoor Denim, Smoothie, Glacier, Topiary, Whisper & White Daisy...

I used Artfully Sent for the Card...there isn't much embellishment because it's gorgeous all by itself!


------------------------------------------------------
To get the layers, I simply copied the Outdoor Denim card (sized to 5x7), spliced the back of the card off then copy and pasted 2 other layers...changed the colors so that I would have one of each Smoothie, Glacier & Whisper...
-------------------------------------------------
I cut out the flowers I wanted then used liquid glass to adhere to the card front.  I also cut some leaves from a flower image found in Artiste using Topiary Cardstock...
------------------------------------------------------------
I colored all the edges with corresponding color markers...these are my old markers that are retired so I don't have some of the newer colors...no worries, I just used colors that were pretty close!  LOVE that by doing this, I can't see the white-core of the cardstock!  Look ABOVE the see how much better each flower works AND it kinda looks like ink distressing which you all know I LOVE!!!
-------------------------------------------------
Here's the inside using the HELLO from one of the 3 stamp sets you get with the Artfully Sent Cricut Collection AND with the "innards" of one of the Glacier flowers...
----------------------------------------------
Here's the easiest way I have found, not only to use the innards, but also to store them...

Take a picture of the innards while it's still on your mat (please excuse my much-loved mat...my Explore only cuts on "Poster Board" or "Fabric"...can't seem to get Cricut to help me out there!)
 
Take a snack size ziploc bag and staple compartments (It's VERY IMPORTANT that you go all the way to the bottom with the staples!)...then as you pull off the innards from your mat, put them in the compartments...that way each flower's parts stays with that size flower!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  

If you want to check out my #ColorCrush card on Instagram, hop on over there and become a follower!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card.
    Marcia
    mvanhoosan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I love your way of keeping the little left over bits. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Katy! Have a wonderful holiday season!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This technique is awesome!! Thank you for showing us how. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....