Friday, January 16, 2009

Free to Choose Friday....

EASTER EGG HUNT
Can you spot the Easter eggs?

This is a 5x7 card I did for an online swap using February's SOTM (Easter Eggs) and the NEW Emporium paper packet. I have been fearing this combo since it was announced a month ago, but it was actually fun to challenge myself. I really didn't want to use the eggs to make a flower (kinda overdone if you ask me) but Easter wasn't anywhere near my mind when I looked at this paper packet.
-----------------------------------------
You can't really see it in the picture but there is Prisma Glitter on the Buttercup Bigger Brads which are set inside the Pewter Conchos to represent the center of the flower. I then used the Bonding Memories Glue Pen to add Prisma Glitter all around the flower centers. I also used a strip of the B&T at the bottom of the card and stitched it with our Embroidery Floss to resemble ribbon. The eggs are stamped on cardstock and then I used the end of my Paper Piercer to roll the petals to give them dimension.
--------------------------------------------
I enjoy online swaps because they allow me to really turn things up a notch on distressing and detail since I only have to make one (I know...I'm lazy) shoot a couple of pictures and then e-mail it to the swap hostess. I hope my swap girls are pleased :0)

Products used are all CTMH:

Paper Packet: Emporium
Stamp Set: Easter Eggs (February SOTM)
Inks: Sweet Leaf, Crystal Blue & Cocoa
Buttercup Bigger Brads, Pewter Brads and Conchos
Dimensional Elements Bookplates
Embroidery Floss: Neutral Assortment (Colonial White)
Edge Distresser, Sponge Daubers, Paper Piercer
Tombow, Glue Dots, Liquid Glass
Bonding Memories Glue Pen & Prisma Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....