Monday, January 5, 2009

FIRST EVER.....Mini Monday

Remember.....a NEW year means lots of exciting NEW posts!!! My first ever Mini Monday has two posts so keep reading!

The OLD me would've kept one of these projects as something to share for FREE TO CHOOSE FRIDAY....but, the NEW me is going to post both so I'll have to play again before then (hehehehe)!

SCRAPLINGS
This first "mini" is what Sparkle calls "scraplings" and they are so DARN CUTE!!! A scrapling is what's left over when you cut a standard-size card to a 4x4 square card.....a mini 1-1/2 x 4-1/4 card. It was a little intimidating working with such a small stamp space, but after it's all said and done, I will DEFINITELY be making more of these....and don't forget to go check out the ones that gave me inspiration!
Products used are all CTMH:
Paper: Key To My Heart (available 'till January 31st)
Stamp Set: Key To My Heart (available 'till January 31st - comes WITH the above paper packet)
Inks: Tulip, Sorbet and Juniper
Ribbon: Creme Brulee Ribbon Rounds and waxy flax
Techniques: Direct-to-paper distressing and masking

2009 AT A GLANCE
This second "mini" is a magnetic calendar that measures 6x12....I know that doesn't seem so small but the actual months (January SOTM - Moments in Time) measure only 1-1/2 x 2 so that's pretty mini if you ask me!!
I got this inspiration from a fellow consultant (so sorry but my teenage son closed the tab before I could see who you were...you know, one of those....clicked on so-and-so's blog and then so-and-so's blog and then another so-and-so's blog and there it was type thing). It's a magnet so you can hang it on your fridge or a magnetic board in your scrap space (that's where mine is going). The one I got inspiration from was hanging from some ribbon so use your imagination. Edited to add: Thanks to Trinka, I found Aaron's blog with the original inspiration!!
Products used are all CTMH:
Paper: NEW Emporium Creative Basics
Stamp Set: Moments in Time (available 'till January 31st)
Cocoa Ink Pad
Rub-Ons: Chocolate Love Letters (2009 on the Bigger Brads)
Ribbon: Vineyard Berry (comes WITH the Emporium Creative Basics)
Just Blooms: Big Pinks & White Daisy
Clear Buttons, Bigger Brads, Chocolate Waxy Flax and Liquid Glass
Techniques: Distressing using a CTMH Sponge & Cocoa Ink (edges of all paper & on Just Blooms) and
Scallop border (on 2009 Vineyard Berry piece) using CTMH EK Success (TM) Corner Rounder (with guard off)

1 comment:

  1. Love your ideas you came up with.Can't wait to see what you come up with next~ I am not sure but the Calendar Magnet idea might have come from Aaron Bron's blog. I could be wrong...but I know I saw it while I was surfing my usual blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....