Saturday, December 13, 2014

Deck the Halls with Frosty and PPPR...

Welcome to this month's Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon Blog Hop! If you've come from Kathy's Blog, you're on the right track! If you are starting here, you might want to go back to the PPPR Blog to start from the beginning...there will also be a link at the end of this post to the PPPR Blog so you'll be able to go back through if you'd like.

This month's theme is Deck the Halls and we will be showcasing a bunch of Christmas-themed files from Lisa's Shop.

From the moment I saw Lisa's 3D Pumpkin Gift Boxes, I knew I'd be stacking them to make a snowman (that's what I do with my REAL pumpkins after Thanksgiving...paint them white, stack them and add mittens, beanie, buttons, etc.).

Can I introduce you to....FROSTY!!! He even has a little friend perched on his tree branch arm!

------------------------------------------------
I made the smallest pumpkin's lid black instead of white so it would resemble his top hat...he stands about 18" tall

------------------------------------------------
I glued each lid to the bottom of the smaller pumpkin for a little bit of stability...his eyes are buttons covered with chunky MS glitter from a few years ago. The scarf is from Let It Snow Cutting Files.

------------------------------------------------
His carrot nose is from Lisa's Seed Packet Cutting File and I just cut several of the same carrot and glued them together...I've included instructions on how to attach below.
------------------------------------------------
The arms and the Cardinal are from Lisa's Winter Cardinal Cutting Files...instructions for attaching the arms are written on the photo below...

Thanks for stopping by...this should be your last stop! If you started here, go back to the PPPR Blog and start from the beginning!

Don't go yet....you have to hear about the GOODIES you can get!!! Make sure you visit each blog AND leave a comment and you could WIN A $15 GIFT CERTIFICATE to Lisa's Shop!!! You must also FOLLOW EACH BLOG along the way!


For extra changes to win, make sure you "LIKE" Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons on and/or sign up for the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Newsletter. A random winner will be chosen for the prize on Tuesday, December 16.  

This hop's FREEBIE is available 'till Sunday night and it's CUTE!!! Christmas Costume Kids...


ALSO...the FREEBIE this week is ADORABLE!

Here are the files I used...direct links to them can be found above as I mentioned them...




Don't forget...you can also play along with our Christmas Challenge by linking up your PPPR project to the PPPR Blog. Make sure you follow the "rules" and one LUCKY winner will win $20 Gift Certificate to the PPPR Store!


22 comments:

  1. Oh, isn't he just the cutest??? I think he turned out wonderful!! Thanks for sharing directions too…
    TinaB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok No way I can make this before Christmas, But I will try and file it away for next year.
    It is fabulous.
    Thanks for the hop.
    **U**
    Nance
    {nworleyatcoxdotcom}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is just adorable...I am going to try this out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely amazing!! What a great decoration to add to your collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I will save my pumpkins next year. This is cute way to have a snowman all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful decoration! Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, LOVE this!!! You did an amazing job of working the files and decorating this adorable snowman up! So fun and TFS!!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously brilliant! Love this oh so much-- so stinkin' creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! This is just so adorable and creative! Thank you so much for creating such an original project for our hop today, Katy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super fun way to use those files. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my - he's so stinkin cute!!! Love the idea of using pumpkins for snowmen!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun project! I love how you translated your own pumpkins into the paper ones! The arms and bird are great touches! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project you made! Love that pumpkin and snow man! Fantastic decorations! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an awesome & cute snowman!

    Mandy
    mjbaker @ earthlink dot net

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO amazing! i'm in awe with how you put it together! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora
    me(at)glorajean(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzers!! This is fabulous!! Love how you've used so many wonderful PPPR files on your adorable snowman!! Love it!!-Emily K.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!!!!! I'm totally loving this!!! What a fantastic home decore project:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your snowman came out so cute Katy. I love that you can stuff him with treats. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....