Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Nativity Play Set - DTC #90...

Welcome to the DTC (Decorate to Celebrate) #90 - Anything Goes Challenge...

With Christmas decorations out and a 2-year old in the house, she is naturally drawn to the most valuable (sentimentally) and fragile things in my house! One of them is a Nativity Set that belonged to my late Me-Me.

Soooo....to give her something to play with, I made her one made from paper...and it comes in a handy little box (even though the box was put aside and they were all tucked in several purses here and there...lol. But...she's 2...an older child would probably LOVE the box...I keep telling myself!)

--------------------------------------------------------
I used several files from PPPR and all paper is from CTMH...Nativity 1, Nativity 2 and the Wise Men Title for the box (it's FREE 'till Thursday so hurry on over and get it!)

----------------------------------------------------
Mary & Joseph...
-----------------------------------------------------------
One of the Wise Men/Kings and the Angel in the background...I realize my baby Jesus should've been a little smaller but since he is VERY IMPORTANT in my life, I decided to make him quite BIG!
------------------------------------------
To get them where they would stand up easily, I made them 3D by creating a second file that just had the base, as shown below on my Cricut Design Space screen...
------------------------------------------------
Here's a look at their 3D-ness...can you see that back layer? All that separates them is a 1/2" strip of cardstock, scored and folded to create a box between the layers.
---------------------------------------------
And....they lay somewhat flat for easy storage in the cute little box! Can you see that strip of cardstock in between the layers...
--------------------------------------------
There is also a Shepherd and a sheep, donkey and camel (I see some HUMP DAY projects coming soon with that one!!!)...isn't this sheep the CUTEST!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
Here are the files I used (links to the files are above)...

This one is FREE 'till Friday so hurry and go get it...

Thanks for stopping by...don't forget to go over to the DTC Blog and check out the other projects and link up your own 3D project...anything goes this week!

5 comments:

  1. wow such a beautiful job what a great set. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I needed a special gift for someone and this is perfect! Purchased and downloaded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Katy this was such a beautiful project and what a fun idea to have to play with:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever and wonderful how you made them stand up and still able to fold flat! I love how this turned out! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....