Monday, November 1, 2021

Created to Shine SOTM Blog Hop...

Repeat after me...I CANNOT BELIEVE IT'S NOVEMBER...truly!

But...that means HOPEFULLY cooler weather (you're never promised that in Texas) and THIS ADORABLE SOTM from CTMH! 


I am joining 10 other CTMH Makers to bring you ideas for the November SOTM - Created to Shine. If you're coming from my friend, Haley Dyer, the Inky Scrapper, you're on the right track. If you're starting here, WELCOME! You'll hop all the way around until you get back to where you started and if you get lost along the way, you can find a complete list at the bottom of this post.

I decided to play on the lightbulb aspect of this card and I pulled out my Distress Oxides to make a watercolor look for the lightbulb "lights"...

----------------------------------------------------
I used the packaging technique to apply the Distress Oxide colors to my front card panel (you can check out the process video below)...
----------------------------------------------------------
And then OF COURSE I had to finish off the inside of the card with that ADORABLE heart border that is also a part of the SOTM...


Thank you for stopping by! Your next stop is Gina Brandstetter...head on over and see what she has to share!



4 comments:

  1. Such a simple card to highlight this stamp set and it can be recreated in any color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fun technique! I can't wait to try something like this. Thank you for the inpsiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! The oxide ink background is perfect for this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That good ol' smooshing technique you introduced me to! I love your results!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....