Monday, September 24, 2018

Color My Heart Color Dare #311 - Boutique Tent Card...

I was able to stow away in my craft room this weekend and get some CREATING done...one thing on my check list was create a card using the current Color My Heart Color Dare. The colors can be found in CTMH's new line, BOUTIQUE, which I have had on my table for weeks creating things with it!

I also wanted to play AGAIN with my NEW Shaker Window & Confetti Thin Cuts (LOVE these things)...the result is TWO cards with different elements, equally FUN and GORGEOUS...



-------------------------------------------
As you can see from this photo...this card doesn't 'open' and is meant to display on a desk or something. And...the Loose Sequins in Gold coupled with the start confetti that is a result of die cutting the Shaker Window & Confetti Thin Cuts makes these shaker windows mesmerizing...


---------------------------------------------
On the first card, I also used the Thin Cuts - Decorative Borders to create the tassels! The first card, I used two pieces of acetate that come with the Shaker Foam & Acetate. For the second card, I used one piece of acetate and then cut a 3x3 piece of Gold Polka Dot acetate from the Gold Fundamentals and I opted to use the Peacock Stitched Ribbon which both are currently in the CLEARANCE section of my website (GO GRAB THEM NOW...such a good deal!!!)


And...I did a video showing how to make a tent card...BUT....it's sideways...lol. I know...I know...one who does video tutorials SHOULD know how to record....hahahahahaha. Well, to my defense, I checked to make sure the video was going to record the right way...something must've happened before I started to record that changed it back. 

If you'd like to watch sideways, here you go...sooooo sorry! Also...please go check out the Color My Heart Color Dare Blog and play along with the current challenge...the colors are sooooo pretty!


6 comments:

  1. Katy, beautiful card...first time I have seen the tent card, and watched your video sideways...no problem and thanks for the tutorial. I like the see-through shaker card, and how you used the PML card...fit perfectly may have to scrap-lift. I also like that I can use several small dies I have similar to this and use the cut out pieces to make the confetti. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare and please come back and join us for future fun color challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy...I'm so happy that you joined the Color My Heart Color Dare. The cards you created are spectacular. I hope you'll come back and visit us for our Tic Tac Toe challenge on Friday. It's one of the most popular challenges we have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of your cards!I love those shaker cards and the tassels!! How clever to use the gold polka-dot for your window!!! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaker cards & tassels...swoon! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Color Dare. We do hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you shaker cards! Thank you for playing along at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....