I'm sharing a "Back to School Supply Cake" that is the perfect decoration for any teacher's classroom!
I don't really have "instructions" other than the base of the cake (behind the boxes of markers) is a 5" diameter tin that has erasers, glue sticks and lots of other tiny supplies in it. The top jar is about 3-1/2" in diameter and is just sitting on top of the tin (not adhered in any way) with some measuring tape tied around it.
Tiny strips of cardstock (1" x 3" are scored down the middle at 1-1/2" and adhered to the crayons and markers much like a hinge to keep the boxes together. I didn't want to do anything more permanent than this so these supplies would actually be usable.
The Elmer's Glue bottles and mini-composition books are just sitting there...not adhered at all.
- Crayola Makers (10 count) - 4 packages
- Crayola Crayons (24 count) - 7 packages
- Yellow NO. 2 Pencils - 24
- Elmer's Glue - 4 bottles
- Mini Composition Books - 12
- Erasers, glue sticks, post-its, etc. (not shown)
- 2 jars/tin cans - one measuring about 5" diameter and one about 3-1/2"
- Wide Ribbon - about 3 feet (depends on how big you want your bow)
- Paper Shreds
- Strips of Cardstock (to adhere the boxes of crayons and markers together)