Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Use Your Stash Blog Hop - Flowers...

I'm sooooo excited to be the starting point for this month's USE YOUR STASH Blog Hop!  The Lord knows that I have TONS of stuff in my stash that I need to be using...don't we all!

There are ten bloggers participating this month which should give you lots of ideas for your stash!  After you've seen what I have to share, you'll hop on over to the next blog and keep going around 'till you get back here!

Are you ready to see what I grabbed from my stash...

I chose to use one of my FAVORITE retired paper packets from CTMH, Emporium.  I love this paper because, at the time, I had three boys.  It's always hard to find flowery patterns that aren't too feminine.  This paper packet, with it's Cocoa, Crystal Blue and Sweet Leaf, is flowery yet masculine.

I've been wanting to make one of the "Box Cards" that are so popular.  I bought my svg file from SVG Cuts...super GREAT deal and soooo easy to cut with the NEW Cricut Explore and Design Space!

Here is the card semi-folded...it's designed to fold flat and fit in an envelope (svg envelope file comes with the purchase) and can be mailed, if needed.

-------------------------------------------
Here's the card all folded out...I added some of my Opaque stash to the centers of the flowers for dimension!  The "happy birthday" comes from my go-to stamp set, Belated Birthday...it's a MUST HAVE for Birthday Cards and for procrastinators like me...helps to have that little "belated" insert I can use if needed...lol
------------------------------------
Here's a side view of the flower layers....
---------------------------------------
Here's a top side view to show you how it comes together!

Now hop on over to Wendy's Blog and see what product from her STASH she's used up!
----------------------------------------------------
Here's the full list of stash users!

Katy Donaldson Taylor {{{you are here}}}
Wendy Kessler  ----next stop
Janet McCormick
Casandra Bennet
Theresa Morrow
Joy McHargue
Judy Faye Garner
Shirley Ross
Adeline Brill

7 comments:

  1. Love your pop up box card! You did a great job! Love, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Doesn't it feel great to use up your 'old' stuff?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Wendy K. and I talked about this earlier in the year when I used up all of my Emporium, that it was one of our favorites, too. So glad you could join our little group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute, Katy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love your box. I love this paper too. I love the box card. I have not made one yet but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Katy.....I really love these boxes, what a great idea.Perfect papers too! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute box and one of my favorite paper packets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....