Sunday, September 9, 2012

"baby GIRL" {dotty chevron} layout...


Layouts are truly one of my favorite things to create but since my time comes sporadically between diaper changes, homework and various sports activities, I often find myself  making cards cause they're kinda like instant gratification for me...lol

I had time the other night during my 3-day Labor Day weekend to finally sit down and put pictures, card stock and B&T together using some inspiration from Pinterest { Follow Me on Pinterest if you're not already!}.

Here's what I came up with using all retired paper (sorry but I LOVE ME SOME Lucy {pink chevron} and Dotty For You {Sweet Leaf polka dot, Grey Flannel polka dot and Lagoon damask B&T} for the Chevrons)...I also purchased a FULL package of Grey Wool Cardstock right before they came out with Slate so I had to use it up too! 

 
       
-------------------------------------------
Here's a single view of the page on the left...

---------------------------------
Here's a close-up of the chevrons...title...and date banners. I made my banners by folding the Dotty Paper using this post from Lily Bee Designs as inspiration. I had to do some major playing around to get it correct....lol


----------------------------
Here's a look at how I got my title using CTMH's Keepsake Felt Alphabet to line up...I take our Ruler - line it up on my Versamat across the layout...it's really easy to do because our ruler is 14" long.  I stick the letters half on my layout, pressing down firmly, and the other half on the ruler MAKING SURE not to press down firmly so that they barely stick and will be easy to peel off the ruler.  Once I have them lined up, I lift the bottom portion of my ruler to a 45-degree angle and start peeling off the letters...once they are all peeled off the ruler, I remove the ruler and press down firmly on the entire letter, securing it to the layout.

--------------------------------------
I used various CTMH Dimensional Elements letters for "GiRL"

------------------------------------
Here's a closer look at the right side layout...

------------------------------------
Close-up of my flowers...I just free handed some circles of various B&T patterns used on the Chevrons, edge-distressed them with this handy tool and put Shimmer Designer Brads in the centers.  I love that they almost look like frayed fabric!


 Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my "baby GiRL" with you!!!
 

1 comment:

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....