Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Teacher Basket - DTC #108...

Welcome to the Decorate  to Celebrate Challenge #108....

School is back in session and I'm DECORATING my son's teacher's room with this little Back To School Celebratory gift...hehehehehe.

We always go to "Meet the Teacher" a few days before school starts. I like this for a couple of reasons, one of the being that it makes the 1st day a little less awkward for the kids since they've already met their teacher...another reason being that I get to scope out the Teacher's Room and see how she decorates...what color scheme does she have...what's her style. This year's teacher LOVES grays and teals so I made her this little basket....

-------------------------------------------
Both of the gifts were super simple to do but this box of crayons was the simplest...literally took me 15 minutes. I bought a bunch of Crayola 24-count crayon boxes (I think 4 fit in this jar), emptied them in then tied a ribbon around. I thought about labeling it somehow but decided not to so she can do whatever she wants with it later.
-----------------------------------------------------
My next "gift" was this marquis D from Heidi Swapp! I've been soooooo wanting to do some of these for my scrap studio but haven't had the time. After doing this one little letter, I'm definitely hooked...I'm not scrambling to think of a 4 or 5 letter word that will fit on the fireplace in my studio.
----------------------------------------------------
I used CTMH Basic Fundamental Cardstock in Slate for the D and then used the teal heart washi to add a little somethin-somethin to the outside and inside of the D. I love how it turned out and so did she!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Don't forget to go visit the DTC Blog and see what the other DT girls did for Challenge #108 Anything Goes! You can link up too if you'd like!!!

You can check out most of my "Back to School" gifts in the past by click {{{here}}}.

2 comments:

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....