Tuesday, September 1, 2009

STOM Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring September's SOTM, which is "Treasures", a set of 13 stamps. If you have come here from Nona's Blog, you are on the right path!


***This month we have over 60 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs.***


This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!
------------------------------------
I just LOVE 6"x6" cards and this is no different!!! I used a lot of edge distressing, paper tearing (which sometimes 'just happens' when you edge distress with B&T) and ink distressing! I hope you like...



Here is a view of the dimension of the front and a peak at the inside of the card....The center of the flower is a circle cut from one of the B&T papers included in Twitterpated paper packet (one of my NEW favorites!!!). A 3-D Foam Square was a little too much dimension so I just cut several circles (5, I think) and layered them on top of each other...I've been doing to this A LOT to add dimension...it's a GREAT way to use up those scraps!!!



The inside of the card....



All products used are CTMH:
Paper Packet: NEW Twitterpated
Stamp Set: Treasures (September SOTM)
Inks: Sorbet, Chocolate, Crystal Blue & Creme Brulee
Circle Coluzzle (no longer avaialable through CTMH)



-------------------------------------
I have another sample below with TONS of 'how-to' pictures so if you want to continue hopping...


"Hop" on over to Cibele's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! If you get lost on the hop or find links that aren't working, click HERE for a complete list of participating blogs. (link to your list or Jena's list post)


Remember, the September SOTM is only available until September 30th! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

-------------------------------------------
Here is another 6"x6" card I have made using this Stamp of the Month...








To make the sun, you will stamp one of the "blooms" over and over again as shown below:

Here's how to get the tree.....(trunk)

Bend stem stamp to get tree branches....

Stamp the tree-top....

I used Twitterpated pp again and this time used Sweet Leaf in addition to the other inks!!!

28 comments:

  1. Wow! Very creative! I love the cards you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your tree and sun are so original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! There really isn't any other word. You are very creative and I loved both of your cards. Thanks for hopping and TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    First I was going to just post a comment about how I loved all the distressing ... but, girl, the creation of that tree is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the tree! So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your cards are awesome! love the tree and sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super-creative way to use this stamp set. The tree and the sun are ingenious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and tutorial. - Barbra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Creative!! Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas and thinking out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those out of the box ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Tree card! Very clever use of the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative. Love how you made the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dimension on your first card Katy and just like when I saw it on the BB, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tree and sun! Way to think OTB.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tree is amazing! Way to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards! I love the creative use of the stamp set with the tree on the second card -- very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards!! That tree & sun are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice! Love the card.. a different look for this stamp set. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great work, as always thinkin' outside the box. love it

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colors on your first card - but that second card is just awesome - so creative - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the tutorial! I love how you combined stamped images with pieces of B&T on the Twitterpated card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad I slowed down and scrolled down and saw your awesome tree and sun. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Isn't that tree clever! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The tree card is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How creative!!! New ideas for me to 'CASE"! Love the MJ music!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just love the curled edges--they look so cool. Very creative idea for the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I didn't leave a comment when I stopped in during our blog hop (I was at work....couldn't...lol) but I wanted to tell you that the card is so cool!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....