Friday, September 2, 2022

Scraptember - it's a thing...

During the month of September, not only will I be celebrating NATIONAL STAMPING MONTH but I also will be playing along with some of my YouTube friends for SCRAPTEMBER! 

What is Scraptember you ask...well it's where we take a prompt a day and create a layout using that prompt. 

Prompts are WONDERFUL for people like me:
  • Limited Time
  • Limited Emotional Space
  • Limited Creativity (in hectic times - school started, busy month for birthdays, sports start, etc.)

Here's a look at Day 1 - STITCHING (don't forget you can watch all of my layouts come to life on my YT Channel). I've included the video at the bottom - please click on it to watch over on YT so you can like, comment, subscribe and share...it helps YT show you more videos of the same and it helps my little channel out in the process 😍

This layout has PLENTY OF PHOTOS - 7 to be exact - but they're all VERY SIMILAR to each other so rather than make a 2-page layout with TONS of repetition, I decided to use Flip Flaps and make a 1-page layout...


----------------------------------------------------------
I used the Beach Party Collection (Paper, Cardstock, Sticker Sheet, Rubber Shapes) to make this pool layout come to life...
--------------------------------------------------------
The Beach Party PML Cards (Pocket Scrapbooking) were perfect for this little focal piece...
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This little Cluster of Beach Party Stickers and Rubber Shapes makes me HAPPY! To back the little grouping, I used a trick I learned from my CDT teammate and friend, Jayma, to use one of our NEW Card-Front Stencils to make those water splashes onto that striped patterned paper...I LOVE how it turned out...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Here's where the MAGIC happens...lift up the two 4x4 Flip Flaps to reveal MORE PHOTOS 💓 Flip Flaps are WONDERFUL for adding some of those not-so-great photos we take but can't bring ourselves to throw away (SURELY I can't be the only one...lol)....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a look at the layout with the flaps flipped...

------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a look at the Scraptember Calendar with all the prompts if you want to create yourself. You are not obligated to post anywhere but if you do, use the hashtag #scraptember2022 so we can find your artwork.

Head on over to YT to watch the process...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....