Well...it seems we're on the short side of
6 5 4 2 weeks 'till our wedding and while I'm THRILLED to see everything come together, my to-do list is still HUGE!!!
I've had an abundance of really close friends, a LOT of my customers and some "I fell obligated" family members offer to help in any way. I haven't actually taken them up on anything yet as it's easier for me to create in the late, late hours of evenings when the boys are asleep and hubby-to-be is watching basketball.
As time nears and my list doesn't seem to be getting any smaller, I may have to call on these people to "help a girl out"...
In the meantime, I thought it'd be fun if I posted my to-do list here and marked it off as we go! QT's "we live in a perfect world" idea was to have everything completed by May 15th...it's come and gone and we're still here...maybe he meant "his list" was to be done by May 15th...lol
Here we go (I'm going on memory since my notebook is "missing" right now...could be under all the piles of Hobby Lobby bags and Sweet Leaf B&T and Cocoa Cardstock...lol)...
Call for parkingDecided not to reserve additional parking since street parking is FREE on Sundays
- Call Flower shops (decide on flowers 1st)
Decide where Rehearsal Dinner will be - call for reservations- DONE
- Table #s (need RSVP count 1st) - Demo done and all the rest started
- Seating Chart (need RSVP count 1st) - Preliminary chart done
Drink Choices - adult beverages as well as non-alcoholic- DECIDED
- Card Box (almost done)
- Bouquet (one to toss)
- Tears of Joy packets - All pieces cut & items purchased
- Signage: Drink, Food, Entrance, Mr & Mrs, etc. - Started
Call Hotel for reservationsDONE
- Bridesmaids' gifts, Maid and Man of Honor gift - Started
- Flowergirl gift
- Ringbearer gift
- Ushers' gifts
- Start "Thank yous"
- Guest Book - Started
Frames for engagement photos- Purchased
- Table Layout
- Get boys fitted for tuxes - Measured
- Get dad fitted for jacket (thanks to Uncle G...might have this taken care of)
Decide what Man of Honor is going to wear (same as girls or groomsmen????)- DECIDED...now I just have to get him over there to get measured :0) He threw a BIG FIT so now we're on to different things...I think it'll still look good though :0)
- Find wedding shoes - FOUND and ordered a few pair just to make sure - should arrive via UPS today!
- Final Try-on for dress (scheduled) - Needs alterations so FREAKING OUT!
- Find Rehearsal Dinner "attire" for me, boys, QT - FOUND for me...now onto the "boys"
- Need something old and something blue
Tent rental in case of rain- Decided
- Fan rental in case of HEAT
- Small gifts for guests (need RSVP count 1st) - Received and will start working on them - DONE, FINISHED, PACKED!!!!
- STOP ADDING TO LIST!!!
- ADDED: Champagne Flutes - FOUND for us...got reserved for guests
- ADDED: Napkins (paper or linen) - paper and they're ordered
- ADDED: Activity Books for the kids (started)