Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love is in the Bag....

Here's my final Valentine's project using, once again, Sweetheart!

--------------------------
The ever-so-popular lunch bag ensemble....

----------------------------
I sewed a couple of pockets on the front so everything would have it's own place...I did the zig-zag on my sewing machine and then hand-drew the "heart strings" to disguise my crooked zig-zags...lol

---------------------------------
From the top of the bag so you can see the pockets....

------------------------
I saw quite a few of these online and decided to do one myself!  This is also what DD's class got...I thought I'd better do something kinda special since this is his last year giving out Valentine cards...

------------------------
A bottom view of the sweetheart box to show that I did not cover the top (for easy opening) nor the bottom (because we all know that a bunch of 5th graders aren't going to take ease when opening nor will they care if the bottom is covered in cute paper)

--------------------------
A view standing up....

----------------------
My Ghirardelli Box (pattern from SCS)....

-----------------------------
Slightly open....

------------------------
Laying down with contents spilling out....the FLOWER is from our NEW Pink Collection Ribbon...just cut a single flower from the yard of ribbon that you get and waaaaalaaaaaaa!

--------------------------
And here are cupcakes for TK's class....

-------------------------------
And the inside....just fill the cupcake liners 1/2 full of yellow or white cake batter then add food coloring to the remaining batter, put in a piping bag (or a Ziploc and cut off tip)...insert tip into yellow/white cake batter already in muffin tin and squeeze!  This is another "for my benefit only" thing since a bunch of 3-yr olds DEFINITELY won't care that their cupcakes had a mysterious red center...lol


I hope you all had a FABULOUS Valentine's Day...however you chose to spend it! 

My sweetie was supposed to take me to eat sushi but instead ordered it to go and took me down by the river, pulled up to a park bench and picnic table, opened the trunk and pulled out all the stops....cooler with wine and covered strawberries (both dark chocolate, white chocolate and toffee chips), our sushi, wine glasses and a big candle for the center of the table to provide light and warmth!  TOTAL SURPRISE!!!!



2 comments:

  1. These are so darling cute and I love the bag idea! Thanks Katy!

    Inky Smiles!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God! How darling. This would make a great teachers gift! Pefect for the up comeing end of school year. Your very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....