Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm a sucka for your love....

My PLAN is to make QT a little goodie for each day preceeding Valentine's Day (I'm usually the one that does these "little" things and then he pulls out all the stops on the "day"). 

Thanks to Jeanette, I found my color inspiration from her Color Me Monday challenge from a couple of weeks ago.

Here is my 1st little gift which I left for him on the bathroom vanity so he'd be sure to find it AND know it was meant for him (I often leave things for him to view and critique so I didn't want him to be confused....lol).

I used Textured Cardstock (Black & White)...BY THE WAY - CLICK <<<HERE>>> to see CTMH's Hearts for Haiti special going on this month, Animal Cookies pp (heart B&T), Perfect Day (backside of Juniper B&T....LOVE that CTMH's backside is the same pattern just in a solid color).  I added White Daisy Ricrac, Black Ribbon, and Dimensional Elements Hearts to the suckers and to the front of the box.  I also used a NEW A-size stamp set (same stamps, NEW price - $7.95), A Love.  I threw in some transparencies for the box wrap and added cardstock to the back for stability.  ETA: I forgot to mention the soft set eyelets and soft set eyelet tool I used for the sucker-stick holes....EASY PEASY and I did it QUIETLY while everyone was asleep!!!

---------------------------------------------------- 
Top view of the suckers (throught the transparency wrap)....You can see how well the Textured Cardstock sands....adds such dimension!!!

---------------------------------------------------------
Here's a closeup of my hearts...the black is stamped with A Love stamp set and the Tulip is a DE Heart covered with the Animal Cookies Heart B&T....I also used the White Daisy Ricrac to tie around the entire base of the box....I sure wish ricrac tied a bow easier!

P.S.  The suckers are Tootsie-Roll suckers and come in a bright pink wrapper which did not match my color combo so I decided to unwrap them and rewrap them in the bags that you buy in the candy-making section of most stores....mine happen to be CTMH but they're from a couple of years back and I'm not sure CTMH sells them anymore.

1 comment:

  1. How stinkin' cute is this!?! I can't wait to see what you come up with for your Extravaganza projects. :O) Your rock gf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....