Monday, February 8, 2010

Bee My Honey....

Day 4 (a few days late....I need to play catch-up on my photo-taking)

My man LOVES Honey....he puts it in his oatmeal, his hot tea, his granola cereal...the list goes on and on!!!  So I thought this was fitting!!!

Once again I was inspired by one of Jeanette's Color Me Monday Challenges (this one is from this Summer).  I used Bella paper packet, Cranberry Cardstock and B&T (retired), Creme Brulee Cardstock, White Daisy Textured Cardstock, Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon, Bee Mine Petite Perks Stamp Set (back of Spring 2010 Idea Book), Exclusive Inks: Cranberry, Creme Brulee & Cocoa.  The clothes pin has a Clear Craft Button tied on with Natural Hemp and the little bee from the Petite Perks stamp set stamped in the center of some Creme Brulee Cardstock....I think that's all.

I just wrapped a piece of B&T around the Honey Bottle, adhered the flap and layered with the sentiment block.  I chose to clip my "Bee my Honey" using a covered clothes-pin (LOVE these things and it's all because of Michelle) onto the sentiment block.  I wrote a little sweet note under the clipped piece of White Daisy Textured Cardstock (you know...I love you, blah, blah, blah).

---------------------------------------------------
I stamped a bee on Creme Brulee Cardstock and then adhered to my Clear Craft Button using Liquid Glass.
---------------------------------------------
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Textured Cardstock!!!!  I stamped the bigger bee a second time on cardstock and cut out...used tiny 3-D Foam Squares to add dimension.
---------------------------------------------------------
I purchased a romance novel (in French) at my local Salvation Army and used the pages to make this flower...believe it or not, he seemed more impressed by this flower than he did the honey...go figure :0)  I put a heart (Dimension Elements Hearts covered with Cranberry B&T) on a 3-D Foam Square in the center.
------------------------------------------------
Just slide off the B&T cover to reveal and use the Honey.
---------------------------------------------
This picture was an attempt to show you the B&T wrap off the bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Such a clever idea! I'm so glad you shot a close up on the clothespin. I totally missed the little bumble bee button. Really cute, great detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....