Friday, February 20, 2009

School Zone

This is a peace-offering card of sorts made for my son's teacher. You see...I gave her a clipboard for Christmas (click here to see) complete with several organization sections including a calendar. It was my first time using the Moments In Time stamp set from CTMH (January SOTM) and I was concentrating so hard on getting the correct month name with the stamp that started on the right day that I totally forgot to blackout (or mask) the days that some months do not contain...example...all stamps have 31 days on them but, obviously, February, April, June, September & November do not have 31 days so you are supposed to mask or blackout those days to make it correct.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I intended to give the correct months to her BEFORE February 1st but I'm late, as usual, so she's getting them tomorrow. I made her this card so she won't think my son's mother is a total idiot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I freehanded the apple and cut it out of Cranberry Cardstock and used the backside of one of the B&T's for the stem and leaf. I then stitched (not very straight as you might see) around the apple a couple of times for no apparent reason other than to use my sewing machine again (haven't used it in months!!!) I used the anywhere hole punch for the "worm" hole and couldn't come up with a cute worm so I decided on the "take time to" sentiment. It needed something at the end so I added the tiny bow using Outdoor Denim gingham ribbon (retired).

All products CTMH:
Paper Packet: School Zone
Stamp Set: September Word Puzzle
Ink: Outdoor Denim & Cranberry
Ribbon: Outdoor Denim Gingham
3-D Foam Squares
Sandpaper
Hole Punch
Tombow
Stitching with white thread on apple

2 comments:

  1. You do wonderful work!!! I'm going to bookmark you! You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the apple. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....