Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Heart Happy with a 1945 "Selfie"...

If you're a follower of me over on the "gram" (sometimes I like to act cool to impress my kids...hehehehehe), you might've seen a sneak peek of this layout.

This right here is one of the MAJOR REASONS I scrapbook!!!

The story of my Grandparents' love is one for the movies and this picture, found after they both passed, is one of them on their Honeymoon back in 1945. From what we can tell, it's the FIRST SELFIE in the history of forever (that's my story at least...lol...can we get a story NBC, CBS, Good Morning America...lol). It's a terrible quality photo but it's one...the only one...from that HAPPY MOMENT in their life...a day or so after they committed their lives to each other and started a family, one that led to ME and MY FAMILY!!!

------------------------------------------------
There are a few tiny images that come with the Heart Happy Stamp Set that I used for the "splatter" look. First I took my Red Shimmer Brush and splattered SHIMMERY GOODNESS all over the layout. Then I took the little square of polka dots and inked it up in Ballerina Ink (a very subtle pink) and random stamped here and there. Then I took the tiniest little heart (it comes with 3 little ones) and inked it up in Raspberry Ink and randomly stamped it in between the 'splatter'...
-----------------------------------------------
To create a visual triangle of the Sapphire color, I took the "always & forever" images from the Heart Happy Stamp Set and generational stamped the sentiment...these two LOVED each other fiercely until the day they died so the sentiment is fitting! Side note...if this were a color photo, my Grandmamma's lipstick would've matched the CANDY APPLE color in this Heart Happy Kit perfectly!!!


Thanks for stopping by and REMEMBER that this Heart Happy Kit is only available thru the end of February so get yours ordered so you can start making those CUTE GAL-ENTINES gifties (yes, there's even an image for all THE SINGLE LADIES) or preserving your VALENTINE'S DAY memories or heck, any day for that matter!

Here's what the Heart Happy line looks like...


2 comments:

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....