Monday, June 18, 2018

Dad is Rad - Father's Day Card...

Well, I hope all you dads had an AWESOME day yesterday...and I hope all you moms pulling double duty took a little break as well!

As for me and my fam-bam...two of the kids are with their grandparents...one is grown and lives way too far from us...and the recently graduated one was dropped off with his new basketball team and coaching staff...ON FATHER'S DAY! I thought my husband was going to pout all the way home...as much as they are like oil and water, that's his baby!

So...onto this year's Father's Day Card. If you follow me over on InstaGram, you might have seen a card I made a few years ago and I hinted that I couldn't wait to give this year's card to my QT...hope you can see why.

----------------------------------------
The card came together fairly fast...a little not-so-random stamping softened by some Vellum, a quick oversized "DAD" using Thin Cuts Block Alpha and some enamel gems to finish off the front. I also softened the edges by sanding them...still use that technique often!
-------------------------------
And, a look at the inside....I'M LOVING the colors in this kit...Sapphire & Juniper (sometimes a little Crystal Blue and the browns and GOLD GLITTER - although not used on this card) 

REMEMBER...Dad is Rad is available ALL MONTH and it's not just for cards...check out the layout I posted last week...and I still have LOTS left over!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....