Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy 14th Birthday - Basketball Style...

My son's birthday was a few weeks ago and he is a basketball FANATIC!!!

I set out to make him a card he would LOVE...it's a square card that measures 4-1/2 x 4-1/2.  The basketball was cut using CMTH Artbooking Cricut Collection...I sized the ball larger than the 4-1/2" so that I could cut off the edges...this left some piecing for me to do but aside from one little mis-allignment, it all went well.

----------------------------------------
I used my favorite Retired Paper Later Sk8r (which we now have in PML!!!!!) to cover the Star Dimensional Element and inked up the 14 using black ink the Color Ready Cork Alphabet (also retired).  I also used True To Life stamp set for the "AWESOME"...
-------------------------------------
The Sunset Cardstock was embossed with the NEW Polka Dot Embossing Folder and then inked with Sunset Ink - I love how the raised dots added to the true basketball feel.
----------------------------------
Here's a peek at the inside...I used Belated Birthday for the sentiment!
---------------------------------------


CTMH used or inspired by:

Z1945 - Picture My Life (PML) Later Sk8r Scrapbooking Program
Z1924 - Dot Embossing Folder
X5758 - Sunset Cardstock
Z2191 - Sunset Exclusive Inks
B1442 - Belated Birthday

2 comments:

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....