Thursday, July 12, 2012

SWEET Studio J...

Pin It

Since plans changed and I'm not able to be partying it up in Dallas at our annual Convention with all my CTMH sistas, I thought I'd share with you guys some of what I got to do using Studio J...

CTMH sent all Convention registrants instructions to complete five 2-page layouts which would be printed and handed to us to use for a class on Studio J this week.

Here's one of my favorites...

 ------------------------------------------
I bet you're wondering what paper packet that is since you know ALL OF CTMH'S WONDERFUL paper packets!  Well...it's going to surprise you...

Here's the layout before I started messing with it...
-------------------------------------
Then I rotated left side 90-degrees and right side 180...
--------------------------------------
Then I started changing papers starting with the color of the damask pattern...simply click on the paper you're wanting to change the color of (you can see that the black and gray damask B&T is highlighted by a blue box) and an edit box will appear... 
--------------------------------------
Click on the color box and the options will appear...the top set of colors are the ones recommended if you were wanting to stay within the color pallet of the paper packet...the bottom set of boxes are all the colors available which are all EXCLUSIVE CTMH COLORS...I chose Lagoon
-------------------------------------
Here's what it looks like with just the Damask changed...
-------------------------------------
Next I changed the Colonial White/Black B&T to the Black Grid B&T by clicking on the B&T, choosing "paper" from the left side toolbar and all the cardstock colors and B&T patterns will pop up...
-------------------------------------
Simply drag the desired B&T pattern to the spot you want it...in this case I wanted the black grid B&T (top right of the B&T patterns)...
---------------------------------------
Here's what it looks like after that step is completed...
----------------------------------------
Next I wanted to change the Black to Baby Pink so I clicked on the B&T and the color box appeared...
------------------------------------
I chose Baby Pink and waaaalaaaa...
------------------------------------------
I changed some other colors of the cardstock matts, etc. by clicking on the cardstock, clicking on the paper color box and choosing the colors and ended up with this layout ready for me upload my photos and add my embellishments...
----------------------------------
Embellishments and My Stickease were added by using the left toolbar and dragging and dropping...keep in mind that the My Stickease go with the paper packet chosen so this one had all Halloweenish images...so take a close look at this table which is kind of spooky and has a dripping candle on it (you can click the picture to enlarge)...
--------------------------------------
To crop the image (in this case erase the candle and book), click on the image and use the arrows around the box to crop as wanted...this image is with the top half of the candle cropped to show progress...

--------------------------------
and here is the same image with the cropped as I want it...

----------------------------
Without boring you with all the rest of the embellishments, here's the finished layout again...pictures and all!

Check back tomorrow for another Studio J layout and some helpful hints and tips! 

If you want to schedule a Studio J "class" in person or via online, just leave me a comment with your contact information and we'll get that set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....