Monday, December 12, 2011

Some long lost wedding DIYs...

I have so many DIY projects that I did for the wedding that I haven't yet shared...

Since my energy and mojo have been missing, I haven't been creating anything "new" so I thought this would be a perfect time to post some of these projects.

I'll start with our card box...I got the idea from fellow CTMH Consultant, Tracey Mason...her cakes are AWESOME!!!  So, I thought why not make one that can open and our guests can put their cards in...while I had grand plans to make one similar to Tracey's, I ran out of time and this is what it ended up being...

-------------------------------
Here's a closeup of how it opens (I purchased the boxes at Michael's and they were 1/2 off so I paid a total of $9)...you can also see the dry embossing detail on the Colonial White Cardstock...the top two boxes are just glued to the bottom box and it's the only that "opens"
----------------------------
Here's a closeup of the ribbon...I originally was going to use the 1" Sweet Leaf ribbon by itself but it just needed something...I found the brown damask ribbon at Hobby Lobby when it was 1/2 off and just glued that ribbon on top of the Sweet Leaf so both colors could be represented...

1 comment:

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....