Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hey There Cupcake....full post

Remember a couple of weeks ago I gave you a sneak peek at a little project I was working on.....

Well...here it is!!! It's a cupcake in a jar....cookable in 3 minutes via your microwave!!! All you have to do is add the "wet" ingredients and frost to your heart's desire (it's a good thing that these little gifts are left up to the recipient to decorate 'cause baking is NOT my forte!!!)
Here is the gift (8 oz. jar - a little over 1/3 cup yellow cake mix - some mini m&m's)....

Dump contents into a bowl....


Add 3 tablespoons water....1/2 tablespoon oil....and 1/2 egg (I add mini m&m's on this one and that is why it's baby poop green PLUS the chocolate is so heavy that it doesn't cook into the cupcake, it just hangs out at the bottom - so I would suggest NOT adding chocolate chips or m&m's, etc.)

Mix and pour back into jar (I sprayed the jar - inside and out - with Pam so that the batter wouldn't stick too bad).....

Microwave for 3 minutes (as you can see it WILL overflow (ths picture is only about 1 minute into cooking) - not to worry).....


Depending on how the overflow looks, you can frost after it cools or you can trim off some of the excess batter that spilled over and then frost and decorate!!!

SUPER CUTE, huh? I got the idea from Lauren . She includes a recipe for homemade cupcake batter but I tried it and it didn't work....so, me being the short-cut gal, I divided up a cake mix and it's added ingredients to make my own. Please try her mix if you prefer (I'm a terrible baker and that could be the reason it didn't work - 'cause her cupcake is WAY cuter than mine so she did something right).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....