Monday, August 18, 2014

Inspired by a Book - H2H...

This week at H2H, we are still keeping with this month's theme of "Inspired by"....and this week, it comes in the form of a BOOK!!!

As you can probably see...the DT has varying takes on this challenge!!!

My inspiration comes from {{{this book}}} pinned to my Mini-Album Board...

I bought the svg but in the end, I really wanted to use CTMH's Chalk It Up PML Cards Since CTMH has an AWESOME deal this month (see the very end of my post) so I came up with my own template and cut it by hand (templates are at the end of this post).  I used the Chalk It Up WOTG and the Chalk It Up Complements to embellish!


Here are a BUNCH of close-ups...make sure you look at all the pull-outs and details...


------------------------------------
Pages 1 & 2



----------------------------------------------
This is one of the 2" x 3" PML Cards...already prompted with Class Schedule...so, I just filled it in then created a pull-out to name the teachers and room #'s...

----------------------------------
Pages 3 & 4


-------------------------------
Pages 5 & 6

------------------------------------------------
This PML card is actually from the Laughing Lola PML Kit...LOVE that I can combine Kits and it still looks like they go together!
-----------------------------------
Here's a close-up of the 4x6 Chalk It Up PML Cards that I used for pull outs...



Ok...as promised here is the cutting diagram for the mini-album...

This is the outside cover...it's a little larger so when folded the inside pages won't still out.

Here's the inside pages...

Then decorate with 3-7/8" x 5-5/8" B&T and add as many embellishments as you'd like.  Don't forget the PML Card for the pull-outs...you might have to cut them down just a tad so they won't stick out of the pockets!

DON'T FORGET during the month of August, you can get any package of Memory Protectors for only $3 with ANY Picture My Life Kit purchase!

Thanks for stopping by...don't forget to make your own "Inspired by a BOOK" project using CTMH products and link up to our H2H Challenge before the end of the month!

6 comments:

Katrina Brown said...

This is so fun! I love the way you used the PML cards! Seeing the school schedule brought back memories ~~ ugh, Algebra! What a fun book!

Greetings from Gail said...

Katy, I love your take on the book inspiration - why not be inspired by another project instead of a novel? LOVE what you've done with the PML cards. Will have to give this a try. It's fun playing along with you at H2H this month.

Amy Ricker said...

Wow! I LOVE this it is just way to adorable. Thank you for the little tutorial as well.

Amy Moore said...

Very cool mini "book"! Your PML cards were incorporated so well and I love the added journaling prompts like: 'backpack contents'. That would be perfect for my daughter, plus a 'locker contents' page as she decorated a locker for the first time this year!!

Brandi said...

Great job Katy. I adore they, it is cute and fun.

Megan said...

I absolutely love this!!