Friday, August 13, 2010

Extravaganza Artwork....Countdown

I cannot believe that we're to the middle of August already!!!!  That means that in a couple of short weeks, you'll be able to see the NEW Autumn/Winter Idea Book (available September 1st).

Over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to start sharing the artwork I created for Convention using some of the NEW products....I was going to wait but since most blogs are already "leaking" peaks at this awesome product, I thought I'd start enticing you to contact your consultant or ask ME how to get your hands on this NEW Idea Book!

This first mouth-watering sample comes from my board using color pallets of four or more colors....here were my board notes:

  • When you want to use four or more colors, it's important to let one color be the dominant color.

  • Choose your colors in a square or rectangular pattern on the color wheel, making sure there is a balance between your cool (greens, blues and purples) and warm (reds, oranges and yellows) colors.

  • If I'm using four or more colors, I tend to use less cardstock/B&T colors and break out the Mini-Medley's, ribbon and accents to bring the colors into play.

  • Don't be afraid to sew on our Clear Cards!!! I did mine by hand and it was simple to do and makes a perfect pocket card!
Now on to the artwork....Colors: Black, White, Tulip, Baby Pink, Twilight & Garden Green

-------------------------
Layout of my baby blowing dandelions...
------------------------
Close up of the "flowers" with Tulip B&T (many patterns), Baby Pink Buttons (Spring Craft Buttons - on the "retired list" so get them NOW!!!) and the clear card (NEW styles and sizes come September 1st) inked with Black StazOn Ink and a Sponge Dauber..."wish" is Color-Ready Alphabet Hodge Podge
--------------------
Another NEW style and size of our Clear Cards...punched 1-1/4" circles out of Cardstock and B&T, used a whole LOT of embellishments (ALL CTMH) from various packages.
-------------------
You can see the card open here and see that the bottom right Baby Pink circle is actually adhered to the inside of the card and the NEW Baby Pink Sparkles are adhered to the outside...just that extra little something that makes Clear Cards so FUN to work with!!!
-----------------
Another Clear Card...this time sewn as a pocket to a postcard-type card that has a gift card in the back....
---------------------
Card slid out of pocket....as you can see, the Tulip Buttons (Tulip Mini-Medley Accents) are sewn to the clear card (before I sewed it shut)
--------------------
Backside view of the card with the Target gift card inserted into the back pocket....
---------------
Backside view of the card slid out...since you could see the thread of the Tulip Buttons that were sewn on the front, I covered the stitching with some Tulip B&T (it just makes for a tidier card...I think).

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your product samples!!!! The lay-out with the flowers is sweet and I love the simple button card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your work is just so awesome. I loved how you combined products from all different lines. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....