Friday, October 20, 2017

Blog Hops with Heart - Workin' Hard or Hardly Workin'...


Welcome to this month's Blog Hops with Heart featuring all kinds of WORK or lack thereof!!!

We're a small group so it won't take long to see all the FABULOUS takes on this month's challenge!

If you've come from Jayma's Blog, you're on the right track...keep hopping 'till you get back to where you started!

I decided to scrapbook some photos from last Spring...although the photos show some pretty hard work, there were more of us hardly working...lol! I used CTMH's Artistry Cricut Collection along with various cardstocks and embellishments! I decided to use the NEW Colorblock Alphabet which I love because it brings some color to the layout!

------------------------------------------
One thing I still LOVE about CTMH Cardstock is the white core...I used our sanding blocks (3 different grits for varying looks) to distress the wood overlay so it would look more like wood! I also stitched through my title to adhere and here and there on the wood overlay.
 --------------------------
I broke out the BRADS from my stash to add some yellow in the bottom left to create that visual triangle...



Thanks for stopping by...head on over to Kelly's Blog (the beginning) and see what she's created...I know you'll LOVE IT!!!


---------------------------------------------------------
If you're curious how I design my layouts, here's a look:

  • I open up Cricut Design Space and insert a shape (square) and size to 12x12.
  • I insert my shapes and size accordingly.
  • I change the colors of my images to see if they're all going to look good together.
  • Sometimes I'll add my photos by uploading the image and inserting...this way I can make sure the color of my elements match the colors in the photos (in this layout I wanted the color of her shirt to match the subtitle piece at the top left of the layout.
Here's a look at my layout WITHOUT inserting the photos and WITH inserting the photos so you can see what I'm talking about...

Now scroll back up to continue hopping!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the wood slice in the background! I didn't know that was on Artistry, I really need to browse through my cartridges more ;) haha! Great layout...loved the look into how you design them in DS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, love, love this!! I already know that alpha stamp set will be on my next CTMH order and I love that wood slice in the background! I didn't realize that was part of the Artistry cartridge either! I can't remember what all is on those cartridges because there are so many images on each one!! Haha! I work my layouts the same way you do in Design Space when I'm using cut files. It just makes it so much easier to know what size to cut the images when you can map out where your photos will be positioned on the layout! So glad you were able to hop with us this month!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....