Friday, November 21, 2014

Home Decor in Your Stash - UYSBH...

Welcome to this month's UYSBH.  This month we are creating Home Decor items with stuff we have in our stash!

If you're coming from Janet's Blog, you're on the right track...keep on hopping 'till you've visited everyone...shouldn't take long, there are only 4 of us this month!

I made this 8-1/2" x 11" wall hanging designed to resemble one of those painted panel signs that are so popular right now.

-----------------------------------------------
The Wood-Grain Paper is from Timberline PP which is retired but I've hoarded...lol.  The pumpkin is a stamped image I stamped a month ago to use on something else and never got around to doing it.  The stamp set is also retired from CTMH.

The Fall Phrases come from PPPR and were cut a week ago for one of my DT posts but I went with THIS instead!

To get a realistic look, I adhered the wood-grain B&T on top of 2 sheets of Cardstock so when I cut the strips and adhered them to my base cardstock, there would be some dimension. I would've got the same effect if I used Thin 3D-Foam Tape but I didn't want to waste it on such a large area.


Here's some helpful tips...




Thanks for stopping by...your next stop is Priscilla's Blog!

7 comments:

  1. LOL - great job and picture. I had to look twice to realize it wasn't real wood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool! This gives me an idea on what to do with the wood grain B&T I have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute..love your tips. It really looked like wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I hoarded some of this paper, too. I have a hard time saying goodbye to certain kits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I also hoarded this paper and will be using it to recreate your project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....