Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It's Your Day Wedding Card...

I attended a wedding a couple of weeks ago and of course had to make a card for the happy couple! 

When I make cards for occasions such as these, I usually try and make the colors match their theme.  Her colors were Chocolate, Ivory & Coral...so I broke out the CTMH colors to match: Chocolate, Colonial White, Sorbet and I threw some Glacier B&T from the NEW Seaside Paper Packet and some flowers left over from this project!

---------------------------------------------------
The honeycomb paper is from our Whimsy Fundamentals Assortment...it's cardstock weight with the same design on both sides, one side with glossy pattern and the other with a side that can be inked (like I did here)...after sponging Desert Sand Ink all over it, the white spaces in between the honeycombs became muted and fit the colors of the card more.
-----------------------------------------------
I used the new stamp set, You Mean the World to Me (a MUST HAVE if you ask me!!!)...and added a flower center cut from the Brown & Tan Glitter Paper.  It cuts like no other glitter paper in my Cricut Explore.

-------------------------------------------
I added my new FAVORITE product...CTMH's Thin 3-D Foam Tape...I can't sing enough praises for this product!  As you can see in the photo below, by adding it between the flower layers, it gives just enough dimension without having my flower stick up too much!

1 comment:

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....