Friday, March 1, 2013

Spring Virtual Swap - Stampers from the Heart...

Our theme for this month's Stampers From the Heart Virtual Swap is SPRING...that includes:
  • St. Patrick's Day
  • Easter
  • flowers
  • rain, etc.
We could create anything our heart desired...card, layout, Cricut projects, etc.
------------------------------------------------
Here were the product requirements...
*You may use ANY current products available.
Here are the product restrictions...
*No retired products allowed.
*No Stamp of the Month stamp sets allowed.
-------------------------------------------------
 
I chose to do a Studio J layout AND a Card - do you believe me when I say that I only stamped once and cut once AND that my card focal point is ALSO ON my Studio J Layout!?!?!?!?  OK...OK...let me show you what I'm talking about!

Here's my Studio J Layout...the pictures are from Easter 2010...(you can click on the photo to see it larger)...
 

And...here's my card...


Notice anything similar about the two???  You guessed it! 

Stamping on your Studio J layouts:
  • Stamp your piece
  • Take a picture or scan
  • Add to your Studio J layout in a photo well just like you would a picture
  • VIOLA!!!  A stamped piece that will be printed on your Studio J layout!
Here are some close-ups of the card and a little picture tutorial on how to add a "rosette tail" to your bunny...


The inside....


How to take apart your Rosette Ribbon:
  • Start cutting the ribbon part from the mesh backing much like you would when ripping a seam
  • This is what it should like when you're done...
  • Poke a hole in your bunny's tail...
  • Feed one end of the Rosette Ribbon through the hole and tape the to the back of the focal piece using scotch tape...
  • You can't see this part but I tied a tiny knot with the front part of the ribbon then squirted liquid glass on the tail and started "scrunching and pushing down" so the liquid glass would adhere it...here's a close-up of the finished product...

Please visit all the blogs below and see what "SPRINGY" creation they've come up with:
 A little tidbit...I've been able to get 3 projects from one Cricut cut
 
 


The top two cards are using the 'negative' of the cut above on my Chantilly Layouts
-----------------------------------
Products Used:

1 comment:

  1. Love both these projects! Great idea about stamping a focal image and scanning it to include in your layout. Oh, I also love how you used up your Cricut scraps. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....